5 Reasons Why You Should Love USA:
Ah! Love is in the air as it’s Valentine`s Day Season! I can imagine the love that is filling the air throughout your daily lives as you are rushing to get your loved ones something special. Its important to remember that even though the upcoming holiday is meant for your loved ones, it can also be enjoyed with the love you have for your country. With this being said, I would like to share some reasons why you should also love the United States of America during this time of the year.
- Freedom: We have many freedoms that should not be taken for granted. Most notably, our freedom of speech. We can speak critically of the government, it`s officials, our neighbors, and even the President! We are also allowed to speak on behalf of the things we support to anyone in the country. In other countries, you can be killed for expressing your viewpoints because it is not tolerated or someone doesn’t respect your standing. I enjoy the fact that even though Americans may disagree on certain viewpoints, we are still respectful of each other`s views.
- Opportunity: I am sure you have heard it before, but I`ll say it again. You can accomplish anything so long as you set your mind to it in America. Anyone can grow up to become a president, congressman, a professional athlete, or an entrepreneur. There have been numerous examples of success throughout history in the U.S. that go to prove that anything can be accomplished in this country.
- Rights: According to the U.S. Constitution we have a number of rights as American citizens. Among them are the freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of press, freedom of assembly, and the freedom to bear arms. Also, you cannot forget that we have the right to vote in our local, state, and federal elections, allowing our voices to be heard and to matter.
- American People: Nowhere in the world will you find a country with a more diverse body of culture than that of the U.S. And, there is nowhere in the world will you find a diverse group of people come together as one. After disasters such as 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina people from all over the country offered a hand in coming together to help make a difference and provide support for the families that suffered during each disaster. Americans have always been willing to help their neighbors no matter what the cost. Another beautiful thing that I love about America.
- Landscapes/ National Parks/ Monuments: Our country has been smart enough to set aside large pieces of land for the enjoyment of its people. This is something that is not necessarily practiced in other countries. Places like Yellowstone National Park, the Grand Canyon, and Mount Rushmore are a staple of American tradition. Americans have visited these locations since for years on family vacations and school field trips. Even though I have never been to any (yet), I would love to visit all of our natural rarities that have been set aside for our enjoyment. Such amazing traditions and beautiful sights to see!
I hope you enjoyed! If I forgot anything, do share! Thanks!
PS. Don’t forget to check out our new I Love USA shirts that just released! They make a nice Valentine`s Day Gift!